Followers

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Cameo Appearance Challenge @ Simon Says Stamp

Happy Saturday blog land...I have a quick post for the Cameo Appearance Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...and a sneak peek on an up coming project I'm working on....ENJOY!!!
 
(this is very pic heavy...click on pics for bigger view)
 
Well it's Sunday morning now. How did everyone sleep? Me, not to good. My first weekend off since the first of the year. Woot Woot!!! Well anyways, here's my card. I created this card using only water color paper. I love it when I do. It just loves ink...the front of the card kind of reminds me of a train pulling into the train station...ha ha!!! There are 2 layers of paper coming through the window that is holding the clock medallion...I used polymer clay and a metal locket to create the rose cameo center piece...glued the clock stamp to chipboard and added some fur...Punched holes in the clock and anchored it using brads...

this is the inside...here's the backside of the medallion...I stamped the checkerboard stamp then added a metal cameo (Horizon Company) to the center...the right side I stamped the image and the rolled the paper from the backside to the front after I stamped the stripes...added the image from behind....the sentiment was added using pop dots to give it some dimension....
 

the backside...was playing with white picket fence distress marker and it turned out kind of grayish...still need to fix this...I really don't like how it looks right now....
 

left side of inside of card....I used See D's checkerboard stamp and Tim Holtz notebook paper stamp (scraps left over from front of card)
right side of inside of card...all 3 stamps are Tim Holtz with the exception of the striped stamp and that's See D's...

clock medallion with a polymer cameo rose

here's the locket...I removed the front of it--pushed a piece of black clay into it to form the size--used a mold to make the rose--baked and layered together--I used distress paint to color in the roses...

here's how I created the center...click on photo to get a better view...

it all stared for the love of Distress..ha ha !!!! And a few stamps..

I just wanted to show you the different steps on how a card can take on life with just adding a little more details..here's the front..I think it looks good...slap a greeting on and you're good to go, right!!
(stamps are from Se D's stripped at opening--and Tim Holtz note book and clock stamp)I used distress stains to color paper..

here's what it looks like with the greeting..I also added some cameo rose clay pieces...

and here's going even one step further and added this stamp...this stamp just reminds me of people waiting on a train...lol...you can see that I bowed out the greeting cuz I wanted to add a third stamp in front of the other ones...this is just adding more dimension to your card with just the twist of the paper, so to speak...ha ha!!!
and wa-la...your finished card...I hope I was able to show the different stages of how I make my cards...I have been asked how I come up with my "stuff"..ha ha!! So I thought I'd share a little in site... You know what they say about left handed people, we are way out in "left field" ...*smile*

Well, if you know me, you know what time of year it is for hubby and me...it's HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY...every year I try to come up with something new for our costumes...so this year, well I had a brain fart...ha ha..I wanted to change up my shoes...and this is what I'm starting with....any guesses on how much I paid for these???

what do you think? this looks really awesome in the dark as is, but I'm going all the way...lol...can't wait to put idea to "boot" ... so to speak..
********
Well blog land...I do hope you all have a wonderful week ahead...I have so much on my plate this week....I do hope that you all stop by and check out the ohh soo inspiring designs from the DT at Simon Says Stamp Monday....they are freaking spectacular!!! ....hugs from Charm City.....
 

4 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely stunning piece, I love the opening in the front to reveal the stunning cameo. Gorgeous details and design. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Sandra said...

Ohh wow Nancy! This is amazing! Love your self made cameo! The card is so bulky and really grungy! Fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Hugs, Sandra

Anna-Karin said...

Such a fantastic project Nancy!! Love the construction of this card and all the wonderful details. So much to discover! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic project Nancy! Love the depth and detail! Thanks so much for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!